We have been asked to advise you not to accept the offer of help from someone you meet in a bar, restaurant or other public place regardless of who they say they are or where they say they work.

If you need any help or advice you should visit the relevant government office in person.

Useful numbers (with English speaking staff):

Public information Office

0392 228 8718
  0392 228 3241
Prime Ministry Property Information Office 0392 227 7793
British Consulate 0392 228 7051
                         - outside normal hours 0392 228 61277

You can also contact the British Residents Association or the HBPG.

Updated 01 September 2008

Back to Information